Monday, February 6, 2012

Times They Are A Changing!

I was thinking today about how many ways my life has already changed since starting the Giggle Magazine BWLC, training with Dan and eating clean!  The first thing I noticed was my grocery store trip.  I went to Publix and this was what was in my cart: bananas, apples, baby carrots, sweet potatoes, strawberries, celery, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries, baby spinach, leafy romaine, spring mix, mushrooms, Greek yogurt, skim milk, Lara bars, eggs, chicken breast, Boar's Head low sodium skinless turkey meat and some skim milk mozzarella cheese sticks for the kids.  There is a lot of good stuff in there (makes me hungry just reading it actually!)  OK, I can't say that was ALL I bought, but certainly fresh, healthy, REAL food made up 90% of what I bought. 

Then, this morning as I was doing the "morning mile" at school with Andrew I noticed that I am doing a lot more jogging than walking these days.  In fact, my son isn't quite running circles around me like he used to...I caught up to him and his cronies walking (or taking a break from being chased by/chasing the girls)!  As I ran up behind them I said "You're about to be passed by YOUR MOM!"  They all took off, but it wasn't long before I caught them again and one of his friends said "Dude, your mom is catching up with us again!"  Ahhh..so I had the boys running from me, but in this case it was a good thing, right?  I'm getting faster and I'm motivating them to pick up the pace!  Don't get me wrong, I doubt I'll challenge him to a race anytime soon, but I am looking forward to running the 5 Points of Life Kids Marathon with him in a few weeks (which is really only 1.2 miles the day of since they have completed 25miles prior to the day of the event). 

I love that my clothes are starting to fit loosely, that my hubby notices that I'm looking thinner, that I can tell I have more endurance when training, that I am stronger.  I have more energy, but then I fall into bed at night exhausted and sleep so well.  I feel better about the way my whole family is eating and that Samantha has become a blueberry (you must hear her say blueberry) and orange fanatic.  I love working out with Dan and the girls and look forward to it.  I am excited about planning my 10 year anniversary trip with Chris & thinking about how much thinner I will be when we go :-)  I'm even excited about doing stadiums with the group this Saturday..I know, but I am!  Everyday I can find a way that this is changing my life for the better and the lives of those around me too. 

Living the Sweat Life~

www.gigglemag.com
www.sweatlifefitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment