Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Ripple Effect

Wow, I didn't realize the impact that this weight loss challenge would have on so many people! Over the last few weeks I have had so many people tell me about the changes they have made to their lives since I've started the challenge!  OK, I'm not saying that it is ALL because of me, but inspiring my friends and family to also want to eat clean, exercise more, lose weight, get stronger is such a good feeling.  My husband has lost weight, my mom has lost weight, several of my friends are losing weight and making healthier choices.  I know some of it is just because it is contagious, when someone you are friends with is making changes, it's easier to do it.  Some of it is probably because I am buying better food at home.  Some of it (and I am not naming any names here, but she knows who she is) is because well..as she put it "If you get too skinny, we can't be friends anymore!"  Hey, girls are girls, right?  :-)

I have embraced the Sweat Life, I love the training..even when it kicks my butt, maybe even more so then!  The eating clean is a challenge at times and I have to learn to be creative, but I haven done so well at it.  I have not "cheated" and most of the cravings are gone!  Don't get me wrong, if there was a pizza sitting in front of me, I would want to eat it, but I know I wouldn't! 

We are about halfway through the challenge and I am dreading it ending.  It is easy to go three times a week and have Dan tell us exactly what to do and how we should eat.  Being accountable to the girls, Giggle and Dan makes it easy to eat right.  One of the other girls wrote in her blog about being afraid of disappointing Dan.  She is so right about that and I hope she knows that we all feel that way!  I know it is supposed to be about not wanting to disappoint ourselves and I am sure I will get there, but as much as we are putting out there for the world to see about this challenge, the pressure is really on to give it our best!  It is great feeling that Nicole at Giggle and Dan believed in us enough to choose us and to see us through the process the way they are.  Who wants to let them down?  Who wants to get on the scale with Dan standing there and not having lost weight?  No thank you!   So, whatever it takes, I'm up for the challenge...like no fruit, dairy or grains for a week while we "Spark" out metabolisms.  I can handle it, we can handle it, and if we inspire others along the way, even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment