OK, so I admit it, I was a food snob. Not the kind of food snob I should have been though, I mean I wasn't picky about only eating organic food. I didn't care about how expensive my food was or if it came from somewhere exotic or fancy. I didn't count calories or only treat myself once in a while. Nope, that's the problem, I should have been a little more picky! I was the kind of food snob that just ate whatever I wanted when ever I wanted. I felt sorry for my friends and those girls who deprived themselves of food because it was fattening or "they shouldn't eat pizza and cake in the same day". I used to see them pass up the food at meetings or parties and think to myself I was glad I wasn't a slave to a diet all the time. Whatever, I thought, that sucks, if it was good, I ate it. I was so above them, right?! I mean I was overweight, but I was happy, so what did I care, really? Well, I should have followed their lead and not had quite so many Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and slices of pizza...and maybe I should have been one of "those" moms who didn't eat the birthday cake and her kids' friends' birthday parties! OK, so I have learned my lesson and I will be one of those moms from now on. Taking the "I just eat whatever I want" weight off is a lot harder than putting it on was! I mean it was fun pretending like I was one of those skinny girls who could eat like their husbands and not gain weight. Genetics aren't that good to me, never have been, never will be. I am going to have to make what Dan is teaching us a lifestyle, I don't have a choice unless I want to gain the weight back and live at risk of heart disease and diabetes the rest of my life. I don't. I don't want to miss a day of my children's lives and I certainly don't want them to go through what I did losing my Dad at a young age. So, now I will become the other kind of food snob..the one who won't put garbage into my body. The one who might say I would never put something into my body that is as unhealthy as I once did! Food Snob, that's me!
http://www.gigglemag.com/
http://www.sweatlifefitness.com/
This is great! A new chapter in your life and all for very good reasons, THOSE THAT YOU LOVE AND YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteAs my Marine daughter, nephews and those in HMX-One say, "Ooooooo Raaaaa!", your gonna do well with your new self. I'm proud of you, your actions speak louder then words. Your doing it and not just talking about it. Keep up the discipline and be patient, methodical and keep our kamae. Keep us posted!
April, I love this post! I thought (still think, sometimes, unfortunately) the exact same way. I would almost dislike someone if they would say, "Oh no cake for me, thanks." I was like, what is wrong with them?! Hehehe. I think I took the phrase "treat myself" and applied it to every single day instead of every now and then. You are doing great, keep up the good work! Oh, and lean cuisines were on sale...and I didn't even buy one ;)
ReplyDelete