Monday, January 9, 2012

1 Week Down, 13 to Go!

Well, tomorrow marks one week since the Giggle Weight Loss Challenge began and so far so good! I have learned a lot about nutrition from our grocery store tour with Dan from Sweat Life and I learned the hard way from myself to make sure I have enough of the right foods on hand and with me at all times. Andrew had his first basketball game of the season on Saturday (he scored 3 buckets and they won, by the way..shamless mom bragging) and I needed to go to the grocery store. Long story short, I went way too long without eating because I didn't want to eat the wrong things. As a result, I had a terrible headache and felt prtty crappy that evening. I have been good since though making sure to eat smaller more frequent "meals" throughout the day. The whole family made an appearance at GHFC on Sunday and the girl who scanned my card didn't even laugh at how long it had been since I was at the gym. I got in some good cardio and a little ab work too. Today I walked/ran the morning mile with Andrew at school, then took a little walk with my friend Jenny later. I resisted the temptation to have a cupcake to celebrate my Mother in Law's birthday today, although I am the one who went to Fresh Market to buy them and set them all out, then watched every one else eat them....torture, but I did it! So, I am pretty pumped about it all right now, we have a workout in the morning and I just have a feeling that Dan is going to give us a run for our money tomorrow...so I am preparing myself to be challenged. I wish I could look 13 weeks into the future to see how we all look :-)

2 comments:

  1. Good job avoiding the cupcakes. It's so hard to watch everyone else enjoying them. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete