Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Batman Underware

So, it has been an interesting week...nothing really out of the ordinary, just the usual (unusual) happenings of the Tisher house. Monday, Feb 1st was the year anniversary of my Daddy's death. I hate calling it an anniversary, since typically we associate anniversarys with something happy. I think that I am typically a very happy, sunny, smiling, half glass full type of girl. Not on Feb 1st. On Feb 1st, even though I know I should try to remember the good times with Daddy, I just don't It seems that every year on Feb 1st the sky is grey, it's cold and windy and sometimes even rainy. It seems to match my mood. That is the one day of the year I give myself permission to just be in a bad mood. I usually have a good cry, I usually replay the details surrounding those terrible days when he died in my mind. I can't seem to help myself, I feel like that is part of my healing. So, needless to say, I am glad that day is over. Luckily, I have the boys to bring me right back around to reality!

Yesterday, Nicholas' teacher told me that he came into the class with his normal "larger than life" attitude and said "Hey Ms. Teresa, Hey Ms. Sam" Then he proceeded to pull his pants to the ground in the middle of the room and yelled "Look at my new Batman underware!!!" and stuck his little hip out to make sure they got the full effect. Ms. Teresa said "Wow, those are great Nicholas, now pull your pants back up!" Oh, my child, so shy, so unexpressive. How does he function keeping all of that bottled up inside?? LOL

Andrew has been working on Valentine's Day cards. His school is selling "candygrams" for a $1 as a fundraiser. I had no idea he would even give that a second thought, this is KINDERGARTEN after all. Wow, was I wrong. He never ceses to amaze me. He insisted that he needed at least 6. One for me (awww!) one for his teacher, Mrs. Skipper, one for Lauren (his Pre-K girlfriend that does not go to his school this year) one for Katherine (one of his girlfriends in his class) one for Abby (another one of his girlfriends in his class)and one for Erin who is the best friend of his girlfriend Abby. He said that Erin was really just his friend, not his girlfriend, but that he didn't want to hurt her feelings and not send her one when he was sending Abby one. Really!!! Seriously??!! Could he be any sweeter?? Please, oh please never let him lose that!!!

OK, hopefully I will post more soon, we are off to CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment