Monday, February 15, 2010

Batman is NOT real!!!???

The other day I walked in the hallway to put some towels in the bathroom and I over heard this hilarious conversation between Andrew and Nicholas coming from Nicholas' room. Nicholas was telling this outlandish story about he being with Batman and Robin in the Batmobile as they were going around fighting the bad guys. Andrew sighs deeply and knowingly says "Nicholas, superheros are not real people. They are just cartoons or guys in costumes." I'm thinking, wow, where did this maturity come from?? Then his next sentence is this: "The only REAL superhero is Spiderman, I mean I know he's real because he lives in NYC where Aunt Spook lives." So cute, the wisdom of a Kindergartner, far superior to that of the 3 year old brother :-)

Andrew ran in his first Kids Marathon on Saturday. Since school began the kids have been running the "morning mile" and accumlating miles. They had to have 25 before Saturday morning and completed the marathon by running the last 1.2 miles on campus. as part of the 5 Points of Life Marathon. After much drama on the second half of the run, Andrew ran across the finish line and they draped a medal around his neck. He hasn't taken it off since :-)

Nicholas' recent favorite saying is "I can't know how to do that" He uses this or "My feet/arms/hands are too tired to do_____" frequently to try to work us over. It works, sometimes, I admit it, he exhausts us! He has the cute thing going for him and he uses it to the best of his ability. Between the boys, Digger and don't forget about Olivia, Chris are definitley outnumbered!! We have to really stick together these days and provide a unified front. If they sense any weakness in the links they pounce on us before we know what happens! LOL!

Well, tomorrow is the first day back to school for them both after a 4 day holiday weekend. I need my strength, more to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment