I know, I know, I have been really bad about updating my blog. I've just been so busy training and taking care of the kiddos and hubby that this is the first time I've actually gotten on a "real" computer in weeks! Here is the quick update, as of today, I have officially lost 28 pounds. woo-hoo! The last 3 pounds have taken two weeks to come off and it was painfully slow....I knew that it would slow down, but it's hard to not be impatient! I know patience is a virtue, but I am a really impatient person. I'll work on that next year.
I'm pretty pumped today, I went and picked up my packet for the Run for Haven 5K that we are running on Saturday! I never thought I would be able to actually RUN a 5K. I'm not a runner, I used to like to run "the loop" at Wrightsville Beach in high school, but I wasn't very good at it. I'm trying though, I've been running (and by this I mean jogging very slowly) over the last few weeks trying to build myself up to magic 3.1 miles. I am pretty excited that I actually ran 3.69 miles in 42 minutes yesterday. My goal was just to be able to run the whole distance on Saturday so I feel pretty confident that I can do it! I would also be lying if I said I didn't want one of those medals that only the first 400 finishers get!! As of today they had over 600 people already registered so, if you're not that quick, it means I have to be faster than at least 200 racers....which is pretty unlikely. Maybe there will be a group of 200 strollers and walkers in the back.....
I also got some really good news from the doctor last week. I hadn't been to see my Primary Care Doctor since June of 2009 (before I got pregnant with Samantha) so I thought it was a good time to get a check up and labs. The labs are where the good news comes in. I have every reason to believe that my labs from 2009 were about the same, if not worse, up until Jan when I started this weight loss challenge. Here are the changes: My cholesterol dropped from 226 to 188! My LDL (the bad one) dropped from 142 to 124 and here is the amazing one, my triglycerides dropped from 138 to 32. Yes I said 32. This is 100% because of the clean eating and exercise I've been doing! If you need any more proof that this works, I don't know how to help you. So, needless to say my doc was pretty happy with me and we talked a lot about what I am eating (and not eating) and she couldn't have been more pleased. Dan, what can I say, you know your stuff.
Wish us luck on Saturday, we even have matching t-shirts Step designed for us :-) I'll let you know if I get a medal :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment