Monday, January 4, 2010
2010 Ready or Not!
OK, I'm going for a record, 2 days in a row. There are sooo many things I should be doing, but everyone seems content in the house, for the moment anyway. We are all such a techie family these days. It is ridiculous really, but it is the coldest day Gainesville has seen in a while so it's not hurting anything to let them stay in their pjs and play with their Christmas toys on this last blessed day of Christmas vacation, right??? I'm on my laptop, Chris is on his working in his office, Andrew is playing WII and Nicholas is playing his Leapster. All is quiet, well, mostly, except for the running commentary of WII Monster Jam. Grave Digger seems to be getting the job done in there, very excitedly so. The boys have so loved being able to hang around the house the past few days playing TOGETHER!!!! It is funny how little boys will play with their monster trucks and hot wheels like little girls play with dolls. They set up imaginary scenes and the trucks talk to each other about things like what to eat and play. Who knew? Well, like it or not, all this relaxation ends tomorrow, very early! Having to get up at 6:15 in the morning is not sitting well with me. Also, the fact that it is supposed to be like 18 degrees in the morning does not bode well for riding our bikes to school. I think we may be taking the car tomorrow!! It's time to get back to packing lunches, early mornings, Junior League stuff and such. It was a sad day yesterday taking all of our Christmas decorations down. I love Christmas, I love how warm and cozy everyone feels and everything looks. Andrew hugged the tree goodbye on the curb yesterday, funny, I remember doing the same thing as a kid. He definitely got his emotional side from me. We'll just have to look forward until next Christmas, maybe I'll keep using that "Santa Claus is watching you" line for a little longer though, while it's fresh in their minds. It was good while it lasted :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment