Monday, October 5, 2009

New Blogger....be gentle!

OK, well, as if I don't have enough to do these days I decided that I should add something else to my list! My hope is that maybe I can manage to update my friends and family on our ever growing and busy family! I have just read the book The House of Testosterone, again, I read it once before, but I SO relate to it that I just find myself laughing out loud! So, I can't really steal her style, but if I could, my blog would pretty much mirror her book!!! If you are the mom of boys, especially multiple ones, you must read this book!!
Since the newest addition of the 4th male in my house, the chocolate lab puppy named "Digger" (after the monster truck Grave Digger) I am feeling more outnumbered than ever ;-) I always find myself clinging to Olivia when she comes saying "don't leave me...I like the estrogen in the house!" I think it scares her just a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE boys, I always wanted to be a boy mom, I feel like they are just easier. They are not as dramatic or emotionally complex. They are rough and tumble, they are full of energy and they are fun! I know, girls can be too, I am one! I don't mean to sound prejudice against girls, really, I don't, but I just know boys. Plus, I always wanted to be a sports mom!
I'm having a pretty lazy monday morning after a VERY hectic weekend and a busy week to follow. I went to Wilmington this weekend..BY MYSELF...for a baby shower for my cousin and was also able to attend a good friend's baby's Christening. It was great, both were very sweet and I am so glad I was able to make the trip. It was the first time I had been back "home" alone since my boys were born, so it was nice to spend some time, although a very small amount, with my mom. We both kept feeling like we had forgotten to do something because there were no little ones there to take care of. I missed them, but they did not seem to miss me much, they had a great time "on boys weekend" with Daddy, although they all have nasty little coughs.

I'm off to get some things done before the Junior League Board Meeting tonight..

No comments:

Post a Comment