Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Blessing of the Animals
whewww, I am exhausted, today was long and it is not over. I still have dinner, baths and bed to go, but I needed a quick breather. Andrew had school today, both boys had dentist appointments, we went to some good friend's house for a playdate, then to CHEERS and to the Blessing of the Animals cermony at Trinity. This is where it gets interesting....I had never been to one of these before, but I thought it couldn't hurt to have Digger blessed, right?? To start with he pooped in the back of my car on the way. Did I mention that even though it is, in fact, October, it was 90+ in Gainesville today? Needless to say the smell from the car was pretty bad. During the prayers and songs I was standing in the grass and got ant bites all over my feet. When it was Digger's turn, Andrew and Nicholas went forward with me. While Rev Monique was touching Digger's head with the Holy water and saying his blessing, Nicholas dipped his hand in the bowl of Holy water and started rubbing Digger's back mumbling his own version of the blessing! LOL, it is a good thing they had a sense of humor about it, maybe he's showing early interest in seminary? Finally we have made it home, poor Digger was worn out and has been stretched out on the tile floor in the kitchen asleep every since. Mama is worn out too, I think it is safe to say that I frequently take on too much in a given day. Why is that I wonder? I think it is just this simple: I want to allow my kids to expereince all that they can. I want to give them the gift of time with me and to see new things. I am also very big on committment and if I say I am going to do something, I do it. I want to show my kids that it is important to be reliable and for people to know they can count on you. Sometimes though, I think I need to be a little more realistic in my abilities :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
April, don't be too hard on yourself! I think it is wonderful that you give your boys the opportunity to experience as much as the world has to offer! You are a great mom!
ReplyDeletetoo funny! by the way, I have always found it helpful to keep an old sheets, paper towels, plastic bags, clorox wipes, and a few other necessities, in the back of the car. Some for the kids, but largely in part for the dogs.
ReplyDelete